Crystal Expedition Cruises Adds New 10- to 15-Night Voyages to Spring 2022 Schedule
20 December 2021
Crystal announced today it has added a series of 10- to 15-night voyages visiting spectacular ports in Antarctica, South America, and Europe to Crystal Endeavor’s schedule for spring 2022 following the ship’s highly successful season of Antarctica voyages that began in November.
Currently open for sale, the new voyages will take place from 1 March to 29 April 2022, collectively visiting 31 ports in nine countries across three continents with extended stays and several overnight calls in charming and historic cities, including Málaga and Seville in Spain, as well as Monaco, Monte Carlo, and Santa Cruz de Tenerife and Puerto Del Rosario in the Canary Islands.
The new voyages replace four cruises to West Africa that have been cancelled given ongoing uncertainty of the Omicron variant and its potential impact within the region. Following these newly added voyages, Crystal Endeavor will operate its previously announced schedule of voyages to Europe, Iceland and Greenland, including summer Arctic voyages, beginning 29 April 2022, before heading back for another season in Antarctica in November 2022.
“We are very pleased that our talented itinerary planning team was able to create these immersive new sailings aboard the new Crystal Endeavor which has garnered worldwide acclaim for her unique onboard experience that combines bold adventure with the finest in luxury travel,” said Jack Anderson, Crystal president. “We wish to thank our valued guests and travel partners for their patience and understanding. We made these changes in an abundance of caution as the health, safety and wellbeing of our guests and crew are always our top priority,” he added.
The 14-night “Remote Expedition” to the rugged sub-Antarctic island of South Georgia features intrepid adventures including Zodiac landings to explore the island’s extraordinary wildlife from its massive penguin and seabird colonies to its tremendous population of fur and elephant seals. The next four voyages, including a 15-night trans-Atlantic Crossing and three 10-night cruises exploring the Canary Islands, archipelagos of Spain and Portugal and playgrounds of the Mediterranean are designated as “Cultural Discovery” sailings. These feature destinations are renowned for their history, art and nature, and delving into the cultural heart and iconic wonders of each locale with guest lecturers and unique excursion options.
From up-close looks at king penguin colonies and playful fur seals in South Georgia to exploring volcanic landscapes, ancient forests and UNESCO-listed biospheres in the Canary Islands and marvelling at stunning, centuries-old Moorish architecture and enjoying culinary-themed adventures with opportunities to savour local food and drink, guests sailing on these voyages have a seemingly endless array of onshore experiences from which to choose, all from a luxurious expedition yacht that can call at off-the-beaten-path locales. And with such a broad spectrum of embarkation ports, cruise durations, destinations and overnight calls, the cruises are ideal for attractive back-to-back voyages, creating the ultimate longer-length springtime seagoing vacation.
The new 10- to 15-night voyages include:
• 14-Night Voyage from Ushuaia to Buenos Aires (1 – 15 March 2022): The two-week-long “South
Georgia Wildlife Expedition & Uruguay” voyage will spend four full days exploring breathtakingly remote South Georgia with two Zodiac landings planned each day to encounter penguins, seals and more as well as a visit to the final resting place of famed explorer Ernest Shackleton, before visiting the Uruguayan ports of Punta del Este and Montevideo. Simply an unforgettable, life-changing experience. Guests on this voyage enjoy complimentary one-way chartered air from Miami to Ushuaia and a luxury pre-cruise hotel stay in Ushuaia, offering convenience and ease of travel.
• 15-Night from Buenos Aires to Santa Cruz de Tenerife (15 – 30 March 2022): Highlighted by a multi-day trans-Atlantic crossing, this “Buenos Aires to the Canary Islands” voyage calls at Montevideo and Punta del Este before offering guests the chance to unwind and lean into Crystal luxury and relaxation on an eight-day journey across the Atlantic followed by a visit to Sao Filipe (Fogo Island) in the Cape Verde Islands featuring picturesque streets dotted with colonial-style homes, historic churches and cemeteries, distinctive black-sand beaches and fortresses dating back to the mid-1600s.
• 10-Night cruise from Santa Cruz de Tenerife to Lisbon (30 March – 9 April 2022): This “Canary Islands & Madeira Archipelago Discovery” sailing offers a truly in-depth exploration of the region with visits to Santa Cruz de la Palma, Puerto de la Estaca/El Hierro, San Sebastian de la Gomera, Puerto Del Rosario (overnight call), and Arrecife in the Canary Islands, followed by stops at Funchal (overnight call), Ilha De Porto Santo/Madeira and Lagos, Portugal. In addition to awe-inspiring UNESCO-designated national parks and biosphere reserves, guests can visit Spain’s highest peak, the 13,000-foot Mount Teide, with charming mountain villages and volcanic wineries.
• 10-Night cruise from Lisbon to Barcelona (9 – 19 April 2022): This “Seville, Andalucía & Balearic Islands Discovery” adventure will feature a call in Portimão, Portugal following a full two-day call in Seville, along with visits to Málaga, Alicante, Castellon de la Plana, Port de Soller and Mahon, Spain. This seagoing adventure is distinguished by the rare opportunity to cruise the Guadalquivir River through the gorgeous Andalusian countryside and dock in the heart of Seville, one of Spain’s most fascinating cities, along with a visit to the fishing and shipbuilding town of Portimão, in Portugal’s Algarve region, home to quaint seaside cottages, ancient forts and gorgeous beaches.
• 10-Night cruise from Barcelona to Málaga (19 – 29 April 2022): This “Rivieras & Mediterranean Isles Discovery” takes place in the spring, providing the perfect environment for peacefully strolling through eight stunning European destinations, including some of the continent’s most famous resort towns: St. Tropez, France; Monte Carlo, Monaco (overnight call); Nice, France; Portofino, Italy; Bastia (Corsica), France; Porto Cervo (Sardinia), Italy; Ibiza and Málaga, Spain (overnight call), which serves as the gateway to Granada, and the stunning Moorish palace The Alhambra.
A game-changer in the cruise industry, the 20,200-ton, German-engineered Crystal Endeavor offers innovative new features and the company’s hallmark amenities highlighted by personalized, six-star and a 1:1 crew to guest ratio. Crystal Endeavor is luxuriously designed for discerning travellers with elegantly expansive private and public spaces, and all-veranda, all butler-serviced suites that are among the largest and most spacious in expedition cruising.
Guests enjoy Crystal’s signature all-inclusive amenities and keen attention to detail: Michelin-inspired dining options including Umi Uma, the first and only Japanese restaurant on an expedition ship; fine Italian cuisine at Prego, 24-hour room service and optional Vintage Room experience; the only casino on an expedition yacht; a glass-covered, two-story solarium – housing the Seahorse Pool and Jacuzzi – providing panoramic views from sea to sky; and the full-service Crystal Life Salon & Spa with a state-of-the-art Fitness Centre; as well as a wrap-around Promenade Deck, an iconic Crystal design element.